The State of Texas Evacuation Assistance Registry (STEAR) began in 2014 and replaced the previous evacuation registry. The STEAR registry requires annual re-registration by dialing 211 or 877-541-7905 and speaking with a representative. The STEAR program provides a listing of residents within jurisdictions who may need assistance evacuating during emergencies. If you have any limitations that would prevent or hinder you from evacuating, you are encouraged to register in the STEAR database.
Who Should Register?
- People with Disabilities
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- People who have limited mobility
- People who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
For additional information, you can visit the STEAR website: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem/stear/public.htm