According to the police records, a burglary of habitation was reported on 3700 block of Pine Tree Drive. Anyone who has any information concerning this crime, please call Pearland Police Department
Here are some simple, practical tips you can use every day to help keep your family and possessions protected and safe.
The following videos present home security tips including:
- Install motion sensors – Motion sensors are just one of many invaluable home security product. These can serve as an alert whenever there is unexpected activity occurring around your home. They also ensure that no one has a place to hide near your house.
- Keep your shrubs trimmed – This is one of the most overlooked personal security tips. Untrimmed shrubs, especially around windows or entrances to your home, provide burglars with an easy place to hide while they attempt to gain access to your home.
- Put timers on your lights – Use a timer to turn interior lights on and off when you are not home. This makes it appear as though you are home, even when you are not. You can also leave a radio or television turned on when you are away.
- Always see who it is – When there is a knock on the door or your doorbell rings, you never know who or what is on the other side. Install a peep-hole to ensure that you can get a good look at anyone on your doorstep, and ask what they need. Children should never answer the door.
- Get a dog – Having a dog on patrol, whether you are home or not, makes your home less attractive to anyone with less than savory intentions.
- Silence your mailbox – A person can learn a lot about you by looking at the contents of your mailbox. Make sure to bring your mail in each day. If you are going to be out of your home for an extended period of time, either have the post office place a pause on your mail delivery until you return, or have a trusted neighbor pick it up daily.
- Never leave notes on your front door – A note on the front door is a red flag to passersby that you are out of the house. You never want to give potential intruders information that makes their entry to your home easier.
- Install a home security system – Having a home security system installed is one of the best ways to ensure that your home and family are protected at all times.
As you can see, there are a variety of simple measures you can take to keep your home protected.