Residential burglaries and thefts from unlocked autos continue to affect nearby residents. Most home burglaries occur during daylight hours, between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Burglars are always looking for a soft hit where they can get in fast and out fast. We have mentioned many ways to deter them in the past so that our citizens don’t become easy prey.
Residents are urged to practice good crime prevention strategies to protect their homes and autos. These strategies include:
1) Locking cars and homes -both day and night
2) Remove valuables from autos
3) Use motion sensor lights for driveways and home exterior lighting
4) Use timers to activate radios or other devices to make homes appear occupied
5) Having mail, newspapers and packages removed from sight promptly
6) Report all suspicious activity in your neighborhood immediately to the Police